Saturday, August 7, 2010

Western Indulgence

Well...let me give you Judi's version of our Western indulgence. Check out coconutbayresort.com I think is the website, or Google "Coconut Bay Kovalam." It is incredible. Almost as nice as the Marriott in Kuaii, Hawaii, but better. OUr room has an incredible view of the Arabian Sea. We sleep with our windows open at night to hear the ocean. Jo-JO has a little six yr old German girl to play with who is actually Indian, but adopted by German parents. She speaks hardly any English, but kids seem to be able to communicate regardless of verbal language. They are laughing and having fun together.

Most of the people visiting the resort are German. THere are a few Swiss, too. We are the only Americans. It is top of the line. The food is incredible, anything from Kerala/ Southern Indian food to Tandoori cooking, and a few Chinese and Western selections. THe fresh fruit and fruit juice is amazing. And did I mention Ayurvedic massage? Steve failed to disclose that I signed him up for a "rejuvination"massage, which I thought meant a hand and foot massage. Actually, it meant that the massage therapist used hands and feet on Steve! But, he was very relaxed afterwards nevertheless. I had a massage this afternoon -- warm massage oil. It was awesome. I feel so relaxed I could melt into the beach chair.

And, hot showers, clean surroundings, yoga, a library, and gift shop. I of course have already been shopping at the local hawker's stores on the beach. That's all for now. I am excited and sad to fly home tomorrow. It has been an incredible journey.

Ciao! Jude, Steve and Jo-Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment